Posted By
m|sf|t
Jan 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All,
I have a blank PSD, 960×24. I have 40 24×24 separate images that I would like to automatically align left to right inside the blank (making a toolbar skin).

I tried creating slices, however, there is not "paste into selected slice".

How can I go about "inserting" these images into the blank ? Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Corey
Jan 14, 2005
Hopefully each 24×24 image is in it’s own layer. Assuming this, link all the layers and press V to get to the Move Tool. At the top of your options bar are various alignment tools. Mousing over each will identify them if you can’t tell by the icon. First try clicking in the "align top edges" one (far left), and then click on "Distribute Horizontal Centers" (second from end on the right).

Let me know if it works! I’ve never tried it with that many images, or ones that would fill the space exactly.

Peadge 🙂

"m|sf|t" <m|sf|> wrote in message
All,
I have a blank PSD, 960×24. I have 40 24×24 separate images that I would like to automatically align left to right inside the blank (making a
toolbar
skin).

I tried creating slices, however, there is not "paste into selected
slice".

C
Corey
Jan 14, 2005
One thing you might have to do to get to work is place one image at each end of the blank 960 pixel image. THEN link all of them and distribute.

Peadge 🙂

"Peadge" wrote in message
Hopefully each 24×24 image is in it’s own layer. Assuming this, link all
the
layers and press V to get to the Move Tool. At the top of your options bar are various alignment tools. Mousing over each will identify them if you can’t tell by the icon. First try clicking in the "align top edges" one
(far
left), and then click on "Distribute Horizontal Centers" (second from end on the right).

Let me know if it works! I’ve never tried it with that many images, or
ones
that would fill the space exactly.

Peadge 🙂

"m|sf|t" <m|sf|> wrote in message
All,
I have a blank PSD, 960×24. I have 40 24×24 separate images that I would like to automatically align left to right inside the blank (making a
toolbar
skin).

I tried creating slices, however, there is not "paste into selected
slice".

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections