AH
Posted By
Anthony Hewitt
Jan 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
You’ll have to forgive me but I am completly new to this melarky. I have a photoshop file that I want to copy a selction of and create a new file with only that selection.
Any thoughts

TIA

Anthony

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

EG
Eric Gill
Jan 14, 2004
"Anthony Hewitt" wrote in
news:qIgNb.23788$:

You’ll have to forgive me but I am completly new to this melarky. I have a photoshop file that I want to copy a selction of and create a new file with only that selection.

Select>Copy>New File>Paste.
B
broga
Jan 15, 2004
I would agree with Eric’s suggestion but as you say you are completely new to PS forgive me if I ask the following.
When you say selection do you mean a selected part of a single layer as marked by the selection tools or do you mean a selection of layers from the file ??

If you mean a selected part of a single layer personally I would copy it first to a new layer in your existing document
Layer>New>Layer via Copy

I would then copy this layer into a new document
Layer>Duplicate layer then choosing New in the Destination Document drop down window.
This differs from Eric’s suggestion in that it creates a new file with the same canvas dimensions as your original.
If you want to copy several layers from an existing file to a new document you can transfer them all in a similar way one at a time by choosing the same Destination document for each duplicate layer.

www.micromountain.com
"Anthony Hewitt" wrote in message
Any thoughts

TIA

Anthony

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections