DJ
Posted By
dennis_johnson
Dec 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed Photoshop CS on my Win2K machine this evening.

Under the "Help" menu, there is an item titled "Registration…". When I click on this item, nothing happens. I expect some window or applet to open to allow me to register the product, but nothing at all occurs. What are my options to register this product, as the software option appears to be unavailable/non-working?

Similarly, there are two other items under the "Help" menu which appear not to function. The first is titled "Updates…" and the second is titled "Photoshop Online…". Again, clicking on either of these two items produces no results whatsoever.

Any help that you can offer would be very welcome. Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

L
LenHewitt
Dec 26, 2003
Dennis,

You do need an active connection to the ‘net to use those functions
DJ
dennis_johnson
Dec 26, 2003
Thanks for the reply, Len, but the machine is on an always-on DSL connection. Still no joy.
DM
Don_McCahill
Dec 26, 2003
Is there a firewall on the net connection that might be swallowing up the registration information?

You may have to disconnect from the net, and then register by phone.
DJ
dennis_johnson
Dec 26, 2003
Nope – it’s not a firewall issue. I guess those links just aren’t going to work. Too bad.

I’ll use the snail-mail card that came with the app. Thanks anyway.

Still, I think I may have discovered a fly in the ointment insofar as installing the app on a drive other than the one that Internet Explorer is installed to. Does this qualify as a bug, do you think?
DJ
dennis_johnson
Dec 26, 2003
Hmm…problem solved…almost…

On the snail mail reg card that comes with the app they give a link that looks promising: wwww.adobe.com/register

Unfortunately, the link takes you to a page with the discouraging news that "The Adobe Store is closed for maintenance."

Thwarted at every turn, I will make myself a cup of tea and eat more Christmas cookies.

It looks to be a long cold winter.
RL
Robert_Levine
Dec 26, 2003
Still, I think I may have discovered a fly in the ointment insofar as installing the app on a drive other than the one that Internet Explorer is installed to. Does this qualify as a bug, do you think?

Definitely not the cause. I have IE on my C:drive and PS on my D: drive. I think the real problem is the with Adobe’s website. Give it a day or two and try again.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections