ML
Posted By
Matt_Leibowitz
Dec 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am just starting out in the web design, graphics, etc. field. I have been searching everywhere for something that I consider to be somewhat simple, yet apparently is anything but that. My question is, how do you export an imageready site mock-up into dreamweaver without a bunch of spacer images messing up the entire composition? Sorry if this is a silly question, but I have gone through book after book looking for the answer, all of which show examples of what I already am doing, with results that are quite different. I can create navigation bars without problems, but when I create an entire site (top, sides, bottom, etc.) what I get in dreamweaver is very ugly! If you could direct me as to where I might find an answer I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SW
Shank_Williams
Dec 25, 2003
If your slicing scheme is complex, your tables will be complex and prone to failure, especially if you need to make changes, even adding text.
You can avoid image-heavy designs which will allow you to avoid tables with lots of spacers and colspans and rowspans. It sounds like your design may be all image, and would load very slowly for the many dial-up users.
You can use IR for simple stuff only, and build your site in DW from those simple components (such as navbar tables), using nested tables to make the overall design.
Or just use PS/IR for image creation, and use DW to lay it out. This is what using a "mock-up" is all about, and DW has a feature that allows you to put your image in the background and recreate it in DW design view ("tracing image")…
http://tinyurl.com/2bsz5And
You would likely find it more productive learning DW’s capabilities than trying to stretch IR past its limitations. See…
news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver (or the web version at macromedia’s web site), for a very active and helpful user support community.
WYSIWYG, automated design processes will only take you so far, and are prone to break as you have seen, so be sure to undertake a program of educating yourself in HTML and CSS.
Or you might find that Macromedia Fireworks (roughly equiv. to IR) does a better job of integrating with DW than does IR.
ML
Matt_Leibowitz
Dec 25, 2003
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help. Happy Holidays!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections