JK
Posted By
Julian_K
Dec 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There was a so called erroneous behaviour of the color dodge layer blend mode in ( or up to) PS 6 which got corrected in ps7. that actually made many people unhappy, since with the way it functioned before you could achieve very string glowing highlights, in opposite to the dull whitish and foggy behaviour of the corrected version. however, there was a workaround to get it back. by creating a layer set with the color doge blend mode one could get the old behaviour back.
Is it just me or has this changed in Ps CS now? A color dodge layer set seems to have quite a different effect now than in ps7.
I just really hope the great old "erroneous behaviour" of the color dodge blend mode isn’t completely lost now. that would actually be a disaster for me.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JK
Julian_K
Dec 22, 2003
oh well.. never mind. I found the fix myself.
option(alt) clicking the new set icon does the trick and brings back my old love to me 🙂 for a moment I was considering a divorce from madame photoshop.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Dec 22, 2003
Julian, have you checked linear dodge?
JK
Julian_K
Dec 22, 2003
yes pierre, but that is quite different.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Dec 22, 2003
I did recall somehow that Linear Dodge had the "old math" of color dodge… strange…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections