What’s the difference between photoshop 7.0 and photoshop CS?

EF
Posted By
Esben_Flagstad
Dec 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m currently considering to buy photoshop, but can’t figure out which one to get? Is 7.0 the latest version or is that CS and whats the difference between the two?

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PW
Peter_Wing
Dec 18, 2003
Everything you wanted to know is at:
<http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/main.html>
WD
Walter Donavan
Dec 19, 2003
CS is the latest version. 7 is the previous version.

Walter Donavan
wrote in message
Everything you wanted to know is at:
<http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/main.html>
BO
Burton_Ogden
Dec 19, 2003
Esben,

Why not get both for the price of one? If you purchase Photoshop 7 or a Photoshop 7 Upgrade real soon now, you qualify for a free upgrade to Photoshop CS! I did that because I currently use Win98SE and Photoshop CS won’t run on it (requires XP or 2K) but I plan to upgrade to XP, so I will have CS ready to install when I do.

The details on the free upgrade from Photoshop 7 to Photoshop CS are something like this: If you purchase or purchased Photoshop 7 (retail, upgrade, or educational) between the Photoshop CS Announce Date of September 29, 2003 and December 28, 2003 you are eligible for a free upgrade to Photoshop CS.

But you need to place the order to Adobe for your free upgrade to CS before January 12 or 13, 2004. I don’t know the exact January deadline, so call Adobe at 1-800-833-6687 to be sure of the deadline to place your order. I wouldn’t wait until the last minute.

A valid proof of purchase showing the date of your Photoshop 7 purchase is required. You will probably be required to fax a copy of your store receipt. Better move on this. The deadline for the Photoshop 7 purchase is December 28. There will be a shipping charge for the Photoshop CS box. But, as they say, a small price to pay.

— Burton —
EF
Esben_Flagstad
Dec 29, 2003
Ok sounds good but what exactly is Photoshop CS and how is it different from Photoshop 7.0? More features or what? I Don’t understand what the diff is between Photoshop/CS 🙁
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 29, 2003
ps cs is version 8. the latest.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections