Photoshop CS CMYK to RBG screenshot problem…

AW
Posted By
Allen_W
Dec 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There’s a new color problem I’m having with Photoshop CS. If I work in a CMYK document, and take a "print screen" (monitor screenshot) of the image and paste it into an RBG file, the colors turn out different. I would assume the screenshot of the CMYK document is RGB and I’m pasting it back into an RBG file so the colors would remain the same, but they aren’t. I never had this problem back on Photoshop 7. How can this problem be fixed? Thanks. (BTW: I used screenshots for quick e-mail samples to clients.)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JS
John_Slate
Dec 16, 2003
Why not just change the file resolution and color mode? That way you don’t need to crop the screen shot down to the document size.
AW
Allen_W
Dec 16, 2003
Pasting the CMYK file screenshot into a CMYK or RGB file still changes the color. Besides, sometimes I need to take a shot of both CMYK and RGB at the same time. And basically, this problem wasn’t there in previous versions of Photoshop.
PC
Philo_Calhoun
Dec 16, 2003
Assign the screen shot your monitor’s profile and then convert to your workspace profile and it should look ok.
AW
Allen_W
Dec 16, 2003
It would still be a hassle. Why can’t it just work like previous PS versions. 🙁 I don’t see a point in having this happen to a screenshot.
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 17, 2003
The easiest fix is not to use screen shots.
AW
Allen_W
Dec 17, 2003
I use screenshots because it’s the easiest way to work in my case. The problem just plain doesn’t make sense, and didn’t occur in previous versions of Photoshop. Hassle. >:/
CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 16, 2004
It occured in Photoshop 5 and onward, because of color management. And if you read the manual chapter on color management, it should make sense.

And if you are just working in Photoshop, print screen still seems like the most backwards way of doing things…..

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections