JE
Posted By
Jordan_Edwards
Dec 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When using the polygonal lasso tool, after creating a starting point, if at any time you press the mouse3 button, photoshop freezes refuses to close by any means other then a CTRL+ALT+DEL or a hardboot…
Had tried CS tryout… the bug is still prevelant in CS as well.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 14, 2003
there’s no such thing as cs tryout yet.
JE
Jordan_Edwards
Dec 14, 2003
wow, thats strange, because, gasp… yes there is…
< http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/download.jsp?ftpID=23 54>
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 14, 2003
well hey! lookie there! sorry bout that! 🙂

ok i’m not seeing the lasso problem in the regular CS version. maybe you can upgrade your mouse/keyboard drivers? that’s about all i can think of.

except maybe resetting the prefrences per the FAQ forum.
JE
Jordan_Edwards
Dec 14, 2003
Good call, never even thought it might be an issue with the mouse… I’ll most definatly look into that…
Havent changed much of the prefs, less rulers guides lines and the like, but if itll save me one more hardboot, ill give it a try 🙂
hmm, after rereading the topic thus far, it appears my last post reads a little bit like a sarcastic flame, that wasnt intended, heh. I was writing the post at the same time as I was searching adobe site to see if mabey i did just re-DL v7, thinking it was CS… and who knows, I still might have, ill try to reinstall CS tryout again and see if it is expired due to uninstallation or is down on the days left.. but yea, my appologies if that last post read a bit hostile.
Thanks again!
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 14, 2003
my appologies if that last post read a bit hostile.

same here. I didn’t think it’d be out til at least january. wait! It IS almost January! Kriminy!

Anyway, good luck!

dave
SB
Scott_Byer
Dec 15, 2003
Jordan, what mouse are you using, and what drivers? I noticed that in the Intellimouse 5.0 drivers, I can set the middle click to mean a whole bunch of things – if you have a driver that maps buttons like that, what is it mapped to? (I’m not seeing the problem here with a Trackball Explorer).

-Scott
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 17, 2003
newsreader bump…
BH
bryan_hughes
Dec 17, 2003
I’ve tried a few different 3 button configurations on different machines, and have yet to repro this. Any additional info, as Scott mentioned, would be great. Thanks, Bryan.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Apr 7, 2004
Veronica,

That’s strange. But you give us very little information to work with. -Operating system
-Version of PS
-Type of mouse (Perhaps a "shivering" Wacom?)
Did it ever work OK? If yes, reset your prefs per the FAQ.

Rob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections