Posted By
andyCwebb
Dec 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This question has probably been asked before

But I want to be able to paste japanese characters from word into the text tool in photoshop 7 so that it displays the correct japanese characters.

I can only get japanese characters into photoshop at the moment by using the character map, obviously due to the fact that there are 1000s of different characters it is not going to be possible for me to find them individually!

I have set up my Windows XP pc to japanese input in the regional settings (input locale and general) but when i got to the character window in photoshop there is still no japanese option, i have also switched asian text options on.

Does anyone have any suggestions how i can get this to work?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Dec 10, 2003
This question has probably been asked before

it was not so long ago I remmeber, wait arround and some one will let you know, or you could do a forum search for it.
SB
Scott_Byer
Dec 10, 2003
Not sure why you would expect a specific way of entering Japanese text? Anyhow, make sure your "Language for Non-Unicode Programs" is set to Japanese. Then, in Photoshop, just set the input keyboard to one of the Japanese IMEs and type away. Photoshop 7 doesn’t have inline entry, so the text will appear in a box, but it works.

Photoshop CS doesn’t require the non-Unicode setting to be set, and has inline entry.

-Scott

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections