Posted By
Jeff_Mallory
Dec 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I am a PS newbie. I want to select an area of my image but when I get close to an edge of the display, PS automatically scrolls so more image is displayed. This makes it very difficult to select a large area of the screen.

How can I stop all automatic image scrolling based on mouse pointer position on screen?

thanks,

JJM

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SB
Scott_Byer
Dec 7, 2003
You can’t, but you can manually scroll using the spacebar before getting that close to the edge of the screen. Keep the mouse button held down while moving the image, and upon letting up on the spacebar, you can continue making a selection.

-Scott
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 8, 2003
What version of Photoshop are you using?

Newer versions shouldn’t autoscroll like that.
JM
Jeff_Mallory
Dec 10, 2003
Scott- I don’t want to scroll at all. I chose a magnification that allows all of the area I want to select to fit in the window. Then I want to select right up to near the edges of the window, which is when PhotoShop CS (on Win XP Pro) tries to be helpful and squirts more of the image at me. I thought there was a "scroll lock" key equivalent or a preference but I haven’t found it yet.

thanks,

JJM

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections