BL
Posted By
Ben_Leffler
Dec 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all… this is a problem that has bugged me at various stages over the past couple of years… So here is the dilemma for me…

When typing text in a Photoshop document, after finishing a line – I usually hit the Enter (Return) key and it will normally jump the cursor down to the next line so that I can continue typing.

But for some reason, now it takes the press of the Enter key as a conclusion to editing within the text box, returning me to the base tool and no longer allowing me to continue typing on the next line.

Any thoughts on why this has happened, and how I can fix it? 🙂

Cheers,
Ben.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

D
d._wade_thompson
Dec 6, 2003
The enter key on the number pad will render the text layer, use the main enter key to go to the next line.

wade
BL
Ben_Leffler
Dec 6, 2003
Thanks Wade,

I am actually using a notebook, and I have only 1 Enter key. I’ve tried Shift-Enter and that doesn’t work either…

Any other suggestions?

Ben.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 6, 2003
sometimes Fn enter. or other key combo w/enter will work.
SG
shecky_greene
Dec 6, 2003
…Enter key as a conclusion to editing within the text box…

Inside a Text Box you don’t need to hit the Enter key at all. The text will automatically wrap down to the next line. Inside a text box CTL-Enter will Render the type.

Without using a text box, Enter will create new line and CTL-Enter will Render the type.
LL
Larry_Ligon
Dec 6, 2003
If you need to force the carriage returns, here is a workaround. Open up Notepad and type your text with the carriage returns.
Copy and paste the text from notepad into the textbox in Photoshop.

Larry
SB
Scott_Byer
Dec 7, 2003
Do you have a glitchy control key? Control-Return is taken to be the same thing as Numpad Enter (to make it easier on laptop users) and will commit the text rather than gong to the next line. You can use something like Onscreen Keyboard to check if something has gotten stuck.

-Scott

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections