PS won’t start, missing: ISource22.dll file?

MG
Posted By
melissa_goodell
Dec 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I even tried to reinstall PS7, thinking this would solve the problem, but no luck. It was working last night, until my husband said he had to shut the comp down because it was acting weird. Probably his fault. I even called up my computers manufacturer (EMachines) and we tried to restore it back to when it worked.. with no luck. Does anyone know what I can do?
Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 3, 2003
that’s not a ps file. and it seems to be misspelled as google shows 0 hits for it. most likely it from some plugin or piece of hardware that you removed… double check the name please.

in the meantime, reset your prefrences and see if that gets you into photoshop:

Mathias Vejerslev "How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences" 2/11/03 12:04pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>
MG
melissa_goodell
Dec 5, 2003
I’m sorry, it’s called _ISource22.dll. Now I get the error, but if you wait a minute, it will keep loading and open, as if you just installed it, and it asks to customize the color settings everytime. I know my husband didn’t uninstall anything, he just shut down the computer..
DB
Doug_Babcock
Dec 5, 2003
What is the exact procedure to reset preferences?
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 5, 2003
doug see the post in link #1.

melissa, are you or your husband a programmer? that file seems to be related to Imgx programming tool. If not, it’s probably included in something like an image or exif data viewer or plugin that was either removed incorrectly or incompletely, or possibly corrupted during the reboot. (I see a google refrence to a program called ThumbHTML, and an exif viewer, there could be more.)

I’d run a chkdsk (disk repair) on your system to first be sure everything is ok, then start searching for a plugin or image app that no longer works.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections