KK
Posted By
Kevin_Kendle
Dec 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My photoshop 7 running on Win XP Pro has started hanging when I try to save any image using the "save as" command, after behaving fine for several months.

Upon "save as", the dialog box appears and I type in a filename and location as usual and choose a filetype. On clicking OK, the dialog box disappears, the new file has NOT been saved, and all photoshop will do from that point forward is beep at you when you click anything. All the menus appear dimmed, and the only way out is CTRL-ALT-DEL.

I have installed the 7.0.1 update, and completely uninstalled and re-installed the program. Same every time. Any ideas?

ImageReady saves files with no problems.

I’m using AMD Athlon 3000 XP with 1.5 GB RAM, Matrox Parhelia 256 MB graphics card, Panoram PV230 DSK monitor.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Kevin

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
LenHewitt
Dec 3, 2003
Try deleting your prefs file – details in the FAQ at the top of this forum’s topic list
KK
Kevin_Kendle
Dec 4, 2003
Thanks so much – this has cured the problem!

I’m very grateful,

Kevin
L
LenHewitt
Dec 4, 2003
You’re very welcome, Ken

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections