G
Posted By
georgezh
Dec 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using ps7.0 for several months with no problems, then yesterday it just dissapeared after everything loaded. I have tried opening the program about 10 times, and it keeps closing after loading. Is anybody having this problem. I am running xp with 1 gig ram. Imageready opens with no problem. I am not experiencing any difficulties with any other programs.

I am on hold waiting fore adobe but it has been over 20 minutes. Please help!!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 1, 2003
try resetting the prefrences:

Mathias Vejerslev "How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences" 2/11/03 12:04pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>
RS
Robert_Seay
Dec 4, 2003
I have an odd problem with PS7 under Win XP. Every button such as OK, Cancel, Actual Pixels, etc. has no text. If I switch to Classic View, no problem. Sometimes switching themes under XP view will do it only for that session. Adobe tells me it is a font issue – no other programs installed have this problem. I am running a P4 with XP SP1 768MB of RAM. Thanks.
Robert
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 6, 2003
sounds more like a video driver issue robert.

go into control panel> display> settings tab> advanced> troubleshooting. and turn the hardware acceleration all the way down. If the problem clears, it’s the video driver. get the latest xp signed driver for your video card.

(in the future, you should start a new post with a new problem so you get the most "eyeballs" on it.)
RS
Robert_Seay
Dec 9, 2003
Thanks for the info. I will try that.
Regarding the new post aspect, I realized what I had done after the fact and did not want to start a new post just yet. Thanks, again.
RS
Robert_Seay
Dec 9, 2003
Turned the hardware acceleration to none and still have the problem and I updated my driver to just in case. C’est la vie. Must be something else wrong.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 10, 2003
I think I recall something about an XP themer called windows blinds or something causing problems. you don’t have that do you?
RS
Robert_Seay
Dec 11, 2003
no just the standard windows themes and Microsoft Plus!
RS
Robert_Seay
Dec 13, 2003
Additional information, just got the u/g to PhotoShop CS – same problem AND it crashes on start-up every time.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 13, 2003
try uninstalling xp plus. then reset the pref (again?) per the FAQ.
RS
Robert_Seay
Dec 13, 2003
Same error after resetting pref (Ctrl-Alt-Shift) and xp plus uninstalled. C’est la vie.
RS
Robert_Seay
Dec 14, 2003
Is there something really different between classic and xp themes other than aesthetics? I can live with classic view – just annoying that you can’t use a feature.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 14, 2003
did you get the dialog asking you to reset photoshop’s settings when you hit crtl-alt-shift? if you don’t see the dialog you didn’t catch it. you need to be real fast!
RS
Robert_Seay
Dec 15, 2003
did not get the dialogue box. However, I did get one asking if I want to customize color settings. I held ctrl-shift-alt as I started CS and kept it held until crash. Also tried deleting the preferences .psp file.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 17, 2003
If you deleted Adobe Photoshop CS Prefs.psp then you deleted the prefs file. ok. is the splash screen still up when it crashes? what’s the last thing you see on the splash screen?
RS
Robert_Seay
Jan 2, 2004
The last thing I see is the regular screen. It used to get crash at "Initializing" but now crashes right after the splash screen disappears. Sorry for the delay – acute bronchitis, etc. Thanks for all your help as well.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections