Posted By
Raymond_Warren
Dec 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
I am relatively new to image ready as i have been working in fireworks until recently. my photoshop knowledge is pretty sound, but i can’t seem to do something which i would have thought very simple – how do you edit a single frame without affecting the other frames? if i turn a part or delete a part of a layer on frame 3, then it has done it to frame 2 as well.. i just can’t seem to figure out how it’s supposed to be done!!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
Ray

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
larry
Dec 1, 2003
I assume you’re referring to an animated GIF? Each frame in the animation is a visible layer in a multi-layered image. You can edit any layer and generate the animation again.

Larry Berman
RW
Raymond_Warren
Dec 1, 2003
think i may have just figured out that one needs to create duplicates of all the layers/layer sets that will change over the different frames. makes sense if that’s it!?

Ray
RW
Raymond_Warren
Dec 1, 2003
am referring to an animated gif. thanks for your feedback, although i’m not 100% sure if we’re on the same track! i think crossing over from fireworks to image ready caused me to see it from a different perpespective. in fireworks, when you edit a layer in frame one, that layer remains unaffected in frame 2. in image ready when you edit a layer in frame one, it applies to any other frame which that layer is visible in. couldn’t get my head around it, but as i said just now, i guess one just has to duplicate any layers that you want to edit independently.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections