Posted By
Samuel_Daneliuk
Nov 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Guys

Is it possible in a layer above a selection to paint with a spot color with color blending mode and have the spot color show up when i place the image in indesign? This project can only use a spot color and black and i was trying to avoid a duotone.

Thnks Guys
Samuel

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 30, 2003
What are you trying to accomplish? Can post a link to something similar?

Bob
JS
John_Slate
Nov 30, 2003
Spot color channels do not exist on any layer at all. You can verify this by turning off visibility of all layers and the spot channel will still display.
B
Brian
Dec 1, 2003
Samuel_Daneliuk wrote:

Is it possible in a layer above a selection to paint with a spot color with color blending mode and have the spot color show up when i place the image in indesign?

Convert the image to grayscale, then to multichannel mode. Add a new spot channel and paint on that. Save as a DCS 2 file and place the resulting EPS into InDesign (where your color will be added to the swatches list).

Note that DCS file must be printed as separations – they cannot be used in a composite workflow.

Brian

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections