JJ
Posted By
Jay_Jhabrix
Nov 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Nikon Scan 4.0 as well as the Nikon Scan 4.01 Updater are available from the Europe Site.

http://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nikoneurope_en.cf g/php/enduser/st d_alp.php?countryId=20&languageId=22

Watch for the wrap!!!!!!

But:

1/ You need to register – painless
2/ They check your serial number at the time of downloading – apparently they know what equipment has been sold in Europe

Cheers….

JJ

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
pope
Nov 26, 2003
Thanks, Jay

No problem downloading. Bought my Nikon4000 in USA (where I live) but they accepted my serial number and login. I am puzzled why NikonScan4 isn’t available through NikonUSA?

I’m going to wait a bit before installing to see what Nikon does re USA distribution.
MM
Mick_Murphy
Nov 26, 2003
Well that’s a change. I remember when the 4000 first came out, the version of Nikon Scan was only for USA system settings. What are the benefits of 4 I wonder.

Just had a read of the blurb and it doesn’t seem to do much for 4000 users. Think I’ll stay with 3.1.
BL
Bill_Lamp
Nov 26, 2003
After fighting Nikon Tech "Support" who finally suggested a reformat the hard drive, reinstall the OS, and ONLY run NikonScan on the computer (then the CoolScan-4000 MIGHT work) I’ll stick with Hamrick’s software and the CoolScan-IV/LS-40. Besides, I can multi-pass Multiscan my LS-40 with it.

Best of luck with Nikon’s new version.

Bill
MM
Mick_Murphy
Nov 26, 2003
Nikon Tech Support – an oxymoron in my experience.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Nov 26, 2003
Being somewhat of an upgrade-aholic, I think this is one I’ll pass on. It probably isn’t that needed for my LS-2000 and I had troubles even getting the 3.0 version to work with WinXP. Much like current problems I’ve been dealing with regarding PS CS, I ultimately had to go back to ground zero, installing Nikon Scan after getting a clean, updated version of WinXP installed. Under those conditions, Nikon Scan installed and ran fine and never seemed affected by subsequent softare installations. It was a strange beast to deal with and is why I made an image of the working installation for future needs…such as last night.

Well, checking the link, I see I’m off the hook anyway since 4.0 doesn’t support SCSI scanners which is inclusive of the LS-2000.

Daryl
JJ
Jay Jhabrix
Nov 28, 2003
wrote:
Thanks, Jay

Welcome… 🙂

No problem downloading. Bought my Nikon4000 in USA (where I live) but they
accepted my serial number and login. I am puzzled why NikonScan4 isn’t available through NikonUSA?

I don’t know why this is so… but have always found Europe to be first with a new release/update. Even when 3.1.2 came out, Europe had it ages before USA or Asia/Pacific…
JJ
Jay Jhabrix
Nov 28, 2003
Personally, i use Ed’s VueScan…. 🙂

Just posted the info… as i came across it and being a bit like Daryl… downloaded 4.0 and the update… please note they already have an update!

Haven’t installed it yet myself 🙂

Cheers…

JJ

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections