nvslater
Nov 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Which is better for PS cs

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GS
Gustavo_Sanchez
Nov 26, 2003
………………….
.. CAUTION .
.. PLATTFORM WAR .
.. AHEAD .
………………….
L
LenHewitt
Nov 26, 2003
The one you’ve got……Unless you are ‘hyper’ about activation. If you are, then a Mac, since there is presently no activation on the Mac PSCS
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Nov 26, 2003
Which is better for PS cs

None of them actually. I prefer a vacuum cleaner at work, but here at home an electric toaster works OK. (230 Volts)

Gustavo: brilliant idea to put up a sign. I bet this thread will be nudged back to the top for ages.

"open up at 200 yards, soldier".

Rob
RA
Richard_Archer-Jones
Nov 26, 2003
Let’s get one thing straight, it’s Mac and Windows, not Mac and PC. They are both PCs.

Sorry folks, but that has annoyed me ever since I started learning about computers 🙂 Lets try to avoid confusion as much as possible.
D
Djip
Nov 26, 2003
NO…

it is
MacOSX or WindowsXP….

and what about Linux, BEOS, NT4 on Alpha processor…

or is is: G3/4/5, PIII/4, K6/7, Opteron, Alpha, Atlon64, Itanium, 2-SMP-K7, 8-SMP-Opteron (upcomming).

(ps: juste to say somthing!)

Djip
P
Phosphor
Nov 26, 2003
Dangit!

When am I gonna be able to get Photoshop for my Palm Pilot?

Or my GameBoy?

Abobe suxxorz!
N
nvslater
Nov 26, 2003
Thank you gentlemen;for the info (no difference). Except for Phosphor, who remains elusive. Any one know the connection between my question and his answer?
V
viol8ion
Nov 26, 2003
If you have a well built, well configured box, then the best machine for PScs is the system that you are most comfortable working with. Period.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Nov 26, 2003
Reminds me of the story of the four Itialian restaurants, all within one block of each other. Competition was keen, so one restaurant put up a outdoor sign reading "Best Spaghetti in Town!". A few days later, the next restaurant put up a larger sign saying, "Best Spaghetti in the Country!" Not to be outdone, the next owner put up a really big sign Shouting "Best Spaghetti in the World!". A few days go by, and finally the last restaurant puts up a small sign in the window stating "Best Spaghetti on the Block."
AR
Antonio_Rios
Nov 26, 2003
Oh… the information and intellectual responses are enlighting.

nvslater I’ve got the similar question posted in both Mac & Win forums. However my question is about the differences of the same versioned app on either OS.
BUT, I pointed out only cross platform users should respond, all others argue elsewhere.

And keep the replies intelligent please – spare the "security/no Mac viruses, superior font use, and Mac is the printing industry standard" rhetoric. Been there, heard that.
SG
shecky_greene
Nov 26, 2003
Any one know the connection between my question and his answer?

Something to do with the processing synaptyic chemicals, perhaps.
P
Phosphor
Nov 26, 2003
Hoo boy.

Somebody pass me an Etch-a-Sketch and a box of Crayolas. I don’t have the energy for this one.
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 26, 2003
OK. I’ll go out on a limb. You’re posting in the windows forum. Windows is the best system for photoshop. Don’t listen to the mackies. They’re just sore losers.

hehehe!
Z
zippy2000
Nov 26, 2003
I havn’t got my CS upgrade yet <sigh> but I figure I should weigh in on this subject anyway. What the heck, eh!

As a dual platform user (yes I use both WIN and MAC), I havn’t noticed any real difference between the two in regards to performance. Dunno what all the "hubbub" is about 🙂
SG
shecky_greene
Nov 26, 2003
Frequently Asked Questions from the Etch-A-Sketch Help Desk:

Q: My Etch-A-Sketch has all of these funny little lines all over the screen.
A: Pick it up and shake it.

Q: How do I turn my Etch-A-Sketch off?

Q: What’s the shortcut for Undo?

Q: How do I create a New Document window?

Q: How do I set the background and foreground to the same color? A: Pick it up and shake it.

Q: What is the proper procedure for rebooting my Etch-A-Sketch? A: Pick it up and shake it.

Q: How do I delete a document on my Etch-A-Sketch?

Q: How do I save my Etch-A-Sketch document?

A: Don’t shake it. "
KN
Ken_Nielsen_
Nov 26, 2003

Depends on your use: The Mac is the correct choice if you want to do professional commercial projects. For home use Windows will work fine, and save you some $$$.
RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 26, 2003
B
Brian
Nov 26, 2003
Ken_Nielsen wrote:

The Mac is the correct choice if you want to do
professional commercial projects. For home use Windows will work fine, and save you some $$$.

Despite the fact that I am a Mac user by choice, I’ve done plenty of professional commerical projects using Windows, with no problems whatsoever.

Both platforms are simply tools, and as long as you’re using equipment that is up to the task it’s much more about your talent than your choice of platform.
RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 26, 2003
Talk about flame bait. Sheeesh.

Bob
KN
Ken_Nielsen_
Nov 26, 2003
I’ve used Windows very successfully for commercial projects too. On the design side, it would be my preference to use a Mac. Let’s be Thankful at Thanksgiving that we have a choice of platforms to help us with our daily tasks.
KN
Ken_Nielsen_
Nov 26, 2003
"Topic

MAC or PC

nvslater – 09:51pm Nov 25, 2003 Pacific"

Let’s help nvslater with the answer to his own question:

You’ll have to buy them both and compare them for yourself.

: )
KN
Ken_Nielsen_
Nov 26, 2003
By the way nvslater: PC means Personal Computer, so you have a non-statement or non-question there.
JK
Julian_K
Nov 27, 2003
The Mac is the correct choice if you want to do > professional commercial projects. For home use Windows will work
fine, and save you some $$$.

I am certainly a professional, but don’t use a mac and have no reason to do so. maybe and really only maybe if you do comercial projects that are heavy on prepress and all things printing, the mac might be a better choice.
but there are also professionals who rarely ever have to touch a printer 🙂
H
Ho
Nov 27, 2003
The Mac is the correct choice if you want to do professional commercial projects.

Crap. I’ve been doing commercial projects on the incorrect choice all this time. Now I’m going to need either therapy or a G5. I think I’ll choose therapy since I can administer it myself and it costs less.

Self: Are you OK?

Me: Yes, I’m fine.

Self: Great. PeaCe.
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 27, 2003
PCs rule. Macs drool. (where have I heard that before?)
V
viol8ion
Dec 1, 2003
The Mac is the correct choice if you want to do > professional commercial projects. For home use Windows will work

I work in a Windows only shop, and it does just fine. 60% of my job is destined for prepress, and we haven’t had a complaint yet from any of our printers.
B
Brian
Dec 1, 2003
Julian_K wrote:

I am certainly a professional, but don’t use a mac and have no reason to do so. maybe and really only maybe if you do comercial projects that are heavy on prepress and all things printing, the mac might be a better choice.

I think it really comes down to personal choice, nothing more – I use Windows here at work (for prepress, where it works just fine the quality of the client files notwithstanding) and I use a Mac at home (IMO OS X is a superior OS to Windows – that’s only my *opinion* but it made my decision simple for my home system).

Brian

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections