V
Posted By
vict46
Nov 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
have a problem with viewing my liquify filter tool. When i use the tools on the preview window, it does not show the effects of the tool. Instead, when i click on the image to see the effects of the tool, i see a different part of the image appear where i clicked. Although it’s like that in the preview, it appears normally when i click "OK". Can anyone tell me how i can fix this problem?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
bryan_hughes
Nov 17, 2003
Check to see which backdrop, backdrop mode and opacity are set. And/or try option/alt.+clicking the cancel button to restore the Liquify UI. Hope that helps, Bryan
L
Larry
Nov 20, 2003
I have the same problem. I tried doing the alt+cancel button, and played with the backdrop options, and it still happens. Though I noticed if I toggle the background option the preview clears up and I can see my changes correctly, however it still makes things tough because when I’m making a change it shows a different area of the image under my cursor.

It almost seems like a video card issue because if I click on another program in the windows task bar which covers the liquify window, then switch back to photoshop the area of the liquify preview which was covered with the other window is redrawn with another area of the image (similar to what happens when I use a tool).

-George

wrote in message
Check to see which backdrop, backdrop mode and opacity are set. And/or try
option/alt.+clicking the cancel button to restore the Liquify UI. Hope that helps, Bryan
L
Larry
Nov 23, 2003
I figured out a workaround (for windows 98). Lower the Hardware Acceleration in system properties/advanced/graphics settings. This sucks though, because it really hurts photoshop performance.

Vict46, if you are using a pc vs. mac, could you please tell me what graphics card you are using? If it’s an Nvidia card like mine, let me know which one so I can register an issue with them. RTP. Thanks.

-George

"George Little" wrote in message
I have the same problem. I tried doing the alt+cancel button, and played with the backdrop options, and it still happens. Though I noticed if I toggle the background option the preview clears up and I can see my
changes
correctly, however it still makes things tough because when I’m making a change it shows a different area of the image under my cursor.
It almost seems like a video card issue because if I click on another program in the windows task bar which covers the liquify window, then
switch
back to photoshop the area of the liquify preview which was covered with
the
other window is redrawn with another area of the image (similar to what happens when I use a tool).

-George

wrote in message
Check to see which backdrop, backdrop mode and opacity are set. And/or
try
option/alt.+clicking the cancel button to restore the Liquify UI. Hope
that
helps, Bryan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections