Export layers as PNG or JPEG image sequence?

T
Posted By
towknee
Nov 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any way to export layers as image sequence?

For example i have five layers. Layer one would be frame one, layer two would be frame two, and so on.

I think the closest that ive come to this is jumping to image ready, making an animation and exporting as a GIF of a Quicktime mov. This is close to what i want, and i want the ability to export as a sequential jpeg or PNG series.

Im using PS 6.0 though, if newer versions of PS support this im sold. Lemme know -TOny

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SG
shecky_greene
Nov 16, 2003
From Photoshop CS specs:

VIDEO

Non-square pixel support
Create and work with different aspect ratios to accommodate non-square pixels without distortion.

Guide presets
Easily design using video-specific presets that show action-safe and title-safe areas of the screen.

Enhanced 16-bit compositing
Perform more precise matte painting, 3D rendering, and other advanced film compositing with expanded support for 16-bit images in core features, including layers, brushes, and more.

Layers-to-files export
Quickly integrate layered Photoshop artwork with a variety of video editing and compositing systems using the built-in Export Layers to Files command.
TM
Trevor_Morris
Nov 17, 2003
This can be accomplished quite easily using scripting. I believe there is even an existing script that you could alter to save as whatever format you wish. However, you will need a minimum of version 7 – but I recommend CS – to accomplish this.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections