M
Posted By
Maryo
Nov 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Yesterday I’ve worked almost all day with a very large .psb file (it’s a 32 x 16K image, two layer). Saved and reloaded it several time, all was ok.

Today, when I try to load it, I get a DISK ERROR -36 followed by DISK ERROR -1

Nothing is changed from yesterday and I’ve over 150Gb free in the two scratch hdd’s. Both hdd’s are error free.

I’m interested to know more about the -36 and -1 disk error, thanking in advance for any help.

Mario

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 16, 2003
Photoshop (at least through version 7) has a pixel limit of 30,000 x 30,000. I don’t know if that means the image can exceed one, but not the other (height or width), but I don’t think so. So if your stated image size is "32 x 16K image", I assume that means that the width is 32,000.

If those two things are the case, your image is too wide.

I don’t know if that would cause your disk error -36, but that’s the first thing I would investigate.

Peace,
Tony
L
LenHewitt
Nov 16, 2003
Tony,

Maryo was saving in the New_to_CS .psb format that supports files up to 300,000 x 300,000 px., but I’ve no idea what is causing his problems…
M
Maryo
Nov 16, 2003
Thanks both YrbkMgr and LenHewitt. Yes, I’ve used the new .PSB. I’m curious to know what this two error codes mean.

Bye

Mario
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 16, 2003
disk error 36 is usually a drive hardware problem. check cables, run surface scan.
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 16, 2003
Maryo was saving in the New_to_CS .psb format

Sorry – I thought it might have been a typo. oops!
M
Maryo
Nov 19, 2003
Well, believe me or not, but the day after everything run fine without making nothing… I’m skeptical about possible disk defects.

The first thing I’ve made is change the scratch disk letters without positive results, also a two mode disk health check report no error.

The problem is now solved.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections