Posted By
david_evanson
Nov 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop CS – Wacom Intuos
I have noticed that when I use the Airbrush option the tilt control seems to work the wrong way round. Holding the pen normally with the eraser end pointing towards you with the tilt control active the brush strokes are shifted towards you also – i.e. it’s a mirror image of how an airbrush actually works. Selecting the invert X and X options do not correct this – (the same happened with PS7), but the Wacom Pen Tools 3.02 Virtual Airbrush plug-in works the correct way round. But it would be nice to have the native Photoshop brushes work correctly. Has anyone got a workaround?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Nov 15, 2003
Welcome to the club, David…

It has been requested several times in the past: Pierre Courtejoie "’inverse’ check in brushes menu" 8/21/03 12:33am </cgi-bin/webx?13/0> is one the occurences that someone asked for it…

I’m wondering if the engineers find the current situation is normal… IT IS NOT HOW TILT CONTROL SHOULD BEHAVE!
(sorry for shouting, but the situation is infuriating)
DE
david_evanson
Nov 15, 2003
I couldn’t agree more – I had seen it in PS7 and was expecting it to be fixed in PS CS. It doesn’t make any sense that the software engineers could have seen this behaviour and assumed it was correct. It is obviously possible to get it right as Wacom’s Virtual Airbrush plug-in demonstrates. Maybe when they put the inverse buttons in the jitter box they meant it to globally invert the tilt. I hope a patch is possible.

I don’t often look in the new features request area – but I guess I should check it out more often. I have always assumed that I mustn’t be setting the brushes up properly as I could never understand why it isn’t brought up more often, given the number of Wacom users here.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections