DM
Posted By
Dick_M
Nov 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to create an unfilled ellipse in a shape layer. I first created a filled elliptical shape. My intent was to then create a slightly smaller ellipse and use the subtraction feature which would result in an ellipse with the desired border thickness. The problem is that it is VERY difficult for me to get the precise shape and position prior to releasing the mouse. Once the mouse is released, it appears like no further modifications of the smaller ellipse are possible.

1. Is there a way to change the position and size (of the smaller ellipse) once the mouse is released so I can improve the precision?
2. Is there a better way to create an unfilled ellipse (or any shape for that matter)?

Thanks.

DM

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Nov 14, 2003

1) yes. Use the path selection tools.

2) Yes. Turn down the Fill slider on the Layer Palette to 0.

Mathias

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections