GH
Posted By
Gernot_Hoffmann
Nov 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
ACO for palettes is described in the PhS SDK, File Formats Specification Version 6.0 Release 1 (September 2000) on p.46.

This spec doesn´t define placeholders for color names,
but available ACO files contain readable names.

How are the names embedded ?

Best regards –Gernot Hoffmann

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GH
Gernot_Hoffmann
Nov 13, 2003
Hello !

Anybody here ?

The original question was posted in the Color Management Forum, and I´m only the messenger (how to convert Lab data plus color names into an ACO file).

P
Phosphor
Nov 13, 2003
Gernot…

As much as I appreciate the work you do, I’m sorry to say that you’ll probably have to wait for an answer to this one, because there are so few of us who own or know much about the SDK and file specifications on that deep of a level.

Just keep floating the message your message to the top of the index. If Chris, or somebody else in a position to know, sees it they may answer.
GH
Gernot_Hoffmann
Nov 13, 2003
Phosphor,

you are meaning that I should be humble until the help comes from the hills, though the specs are wrong or not complete ?

There must be some phrase in the bible about the help from the hills. Readers are politely asked to forgive me for wrong quoting …

P
Phosphor
Nov 13, 2003
I am assuming that you are a member of the Adobe Support Network?

Can you not get more direct help from other members of the A.S.N., or from Adobe directly? If you’re an A.S.N. member, I would also assume that it would allow you to access more focused support for such esoteric questions than you’d normally find on these forums.

Just a thought…wish I could help you out.
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 13, 2003
You’ll need the later releases of the SDK to get the ACO format with names.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections