JW
Posted By
Jonathan_Wondrusch
Nov 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am currently using Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and Image Ready 7.0 on a Windows XP pro computer. I have built a website layout, added the slices and rollovers, but i cannot Save Optomized As or anything but New/Close in the file menu of Image ready. Every time i attempt to do so(when attempting to export the files/images), I am given a message taht says : "Could not complete this operation because an assertion has failed."

Is there anyway to cure this curseable malady? if so thank you for your help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

HD
hot_denim
Nov 13, 2003
Most common cause is a setting in a confuguration file has a bad value… I.e. could be due to you changing the settings f somethign via a interface…… reset the preferences file…if that does not cure it….uninstalll….delete the directory of its leftovers and re-install…(assuming it worked at one time?…)
NC
Neil_Clement
Jan 13, 2004
I am using Photoshop 6.01. When going to the imageready window opened from within photoshop using Ctrl-Alt-Shft-s the following is what the window looks like this: <http://www.cfotos.com/images/saveforweb.jpg>

If I click on ok, the error message "Could not complete this operation because an assertion has failed" is displayed. This problem began as an intermittent problem and has now become an "every time it’s opened" problem.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Neil
L
LenHewitt
Jan 14, 2004
Neil,

I think you mean the Save for Web window – nothing to do with IR at all….

Could be either your Photoshop Prefs need deleting or your S4W prefs need deleting
NC
Neil_Clement
Jan 14, 2004
When deleting the S4W preferences the problem is resolved the first time the S4W window is opened. After the first use the problem returns.

Thanks again for any help,

Neil
L
LenHewitt
Jan 15, 2004
Neil,

If the S4W preferences are corrupting on a regular basis, I would first try an un-install from C/Panel Add/Remove programs, deleting the whole of the Photoshop folder tree, deleting the preferences folder and then a re-install.

If it still happens after that, I would look into a hardware problem causing the problem
NC
Neil_Clement
Jan 15, 2004
Where would be a good place to start to diagnose what hardware is causing this problem and how it is causing this problem? I have neither removed or added any new hardware on this machine in almost a year.

Neil
L
LenHewitt
Jan 16, 2004
Start with a complete scandisk.

Check IDE drive cables are seated properly.

Check RAM by substitution

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections