DH
Posted By
Don_Hills
Nov 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just rebuilt my system.. New install of Win2000/SP4 (with latest updates from Microsoft website). I re-installed Photo Shop 7.0. All went well. However, when Photo Shop loads, it freezes during initialization ("not responding" in the task manager). Image Ready 7.0 runs fine. Any thoughts??

Don

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

L
LenHewitt
Nov 12, 2003
Try deleting your prefs file – details in the FAQ at the top of this forum’s topic list
DH
Don_Hills
Nov 12, 2003
You may be on to something, as there isn’t a pref file on my system. I followed the instruction in the FAQ and couldn’t find the file. I have un-installed and installed PS7.0 twice now. Still not pref file. Before I reloaded Win2K PS7.0 worked fine. Any thoughts as to how to recreate this missing file?
L
LenHewitt
Nov 13, 2003
Don,

There won’t be a prefs file if Photoshop has never successfully started since you re-built the system (assuming it WAS deleted by the re-build).

Watch the Splash screen carefully, and tell us what is the last action being displayed on it before the freeze occurs
DH
Don_Hills
Nov 13, 2003
The Case is "Solve-ed"
During the W2K rebuild and reloading of driver, the video color settings got set to "256" rather than "True Color". Since I changed it to true color Photo Shop now runs great! What’s interesting is that Image Ready always ran fine regardless of the color setting.
Len, Thank you very much for your help!
L
LenHewitt
Nov 13, 2003
Pleased to hear you have sorted it out, Don, and you’re welcome.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections