When opening a tool (like levels),eyedropper appears-prog. locks up(p7)

F
Posted By
frankjones2003
Nov 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This recently started happening, using PhotoShop 7. When I open an image and select an adjustment tool, the eyedropper tools selects itself,instead and will work to pick colors, but I can’t get out of it without having PhotoShop shut down by windows. The "X" (close program) button is greyed out.
I’ve reverted to using P 6, which works fine.
I’ve tried re-installing and have installed ver. 7.0.1.
(using Windows 98 SE)
Any help greatly appreciated,
Frank

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 11, 2003
Have you changed screen resolutions lately or had a dual monitor setup? Your dialog is probably off screen. See the faq about dialog missing.

Peace,
Tony
F
frankjones2003
Nov 11, 2003
Good call Tony, I have temporarily gone from dual to single monitors. I read the faq about missing dialog boxes and did the suggested increase of resolution to look for dialog boxes but didn’t see any.Here’s exactly what happens:
1. open image
2. image-adjust-levels
3. eyedropper appears
4. eyedropper will select colors, which are seen in the foreground color box.
5. anything else I try I get the windows "ding"
Any other ideas? All the pallets are in thier normal single monitor position. The faq says p’shop "remembers" position, but wouldn’t the re-install have reset everything? Also, even when I was in dual monitor mode, with the palettes on the 2nd monitor, the dialog boxes always appeared on the p-shop desktop…I couldn’t "make" them do otherwise.
Thanks again
Frank
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 11, 2003
but wouldn’t the re-install have reset everything?

No. Those settings are stored in your preferences file which is created when you first launch PS (post install). You can delete your preferences file and that will also reset the dialogs (and color management and most other things).

It will reset your dialogs though.

See the faq for deleting preferences.

Peace,
Tony

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections