TT
Posted By
Thomas_Thomson
Nov 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running PS 7.0 (a 6.0 upgrade)on a Pentium 4 machine. The OS is Win 2000 Pro. I upgraded to 7.0 several months ago and everything was just fine until last week when it failed to completely launch. The splash screen comes up but when it gets to the point of "initializing color preferences", the launch fails and I just see the desktop. No warning, no messages, it just stops. I’ve read some of the postings on similar troubles and tried to remove the "preferences" file – there isn’t any. I tried removing the "presets" file but this didn’t help. I’ve removed and reloaded the software from the origninal disk. No help. Anybody got any suggestions? By the way, PS 6.0 works fine.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Carol_Steele
Nov 11, 2003
Try making a new monitor profile – it might have been corrupted. Do *not* start with the old profile – choose the sRGB profile instead. —

Carol
(Posted from the UK)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections