Posted By
leoshell
Nov 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
About Imageready Slice
When I Slice in IM or PS,then save optimized as HTML.The HTML file have some problem: the table’s right and bottom was added one cloumn and one row and I can’t delete it,if I do that the structure of the table will be changed.
I want to know why the software add the extra cloumn and row,and how to handle it? tanks a lot

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
Nov 10, 2003
In any table at least one row show have the full compliment of columns and 1 coloumn should have the full compliment of rows. This is why IR adds the extra coloum and row.
DM
Don_McCahill
Nov 10, 2003
The extra row and column are required for all but the simplest HTML tables. They basically provide spacers that make a column or row that has no spans in it. Without this, HTML is unable to recreate the table correctly.

As you have noticed, you should not remove these cells. In fact, you should really stop worrying about them. They are essential for 95% of larger sliced tables, and cause no harm for the other 5%.

How to handle them? Leave them alone.
L
leoshell
Nov 11, 2003
Thanks for your quickly reply.I have know the importance of the extra cell,but sometimes we need to contrl the size precisely.The Extra Cell will change(Increase) the table size.when I open the HTML file in GoLive,I found table Pallete mark the Table Size not match the Toatl Size of the cells.I have try slice in MM Firwork,there’s no extra cell.Really need to know how to export the HTML without extra cell.
Thanks Again!
L
leoshell
Nov 12, 2003
NObody do this??

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections