RW
Posted By
Robert_Welty
Nov 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When starting PS CS I get message "This application failed to start because PDFL.50dll was not found. Reinstalling may help". I tried installing over [without uninstalling CS. Didn’t help. Where can I find this missing file. App. will open but message is irritating. I appreciate anyone’s help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 2, 2003
Sounds like a plug in error. Did you move any plugins into the plugins folder without installing?

Bob
CS
Carol_Steele
Nov 2, 2003
Judging by the name I would suggest that it has something to do with a PDF interpreter – possibly for reading Acrobat 5 files.

Actually the name is PDFL50.dll (not PDFL.50dll)

Have you by any chance imported the plugins from your previous version, or pointed your plugins folder to a previous version. This might explain the conflict as the PDFL50.dll file was probably uninstalled if you uninstalled PS7 after installing PSCS

Carol
(Posted from the UK)
RW
Robert_Welty
Nov 3, 2003
Thanks Carol. You put me on to the solution. I indeed imported plugins from old versioon and found offending problem. Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections