RV
Posted By
Roy_Varley
Nov 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My PS7 has been running fine – until yesterday (1-Nov). Now, when it starts up, it takes several minutes (5 or more) before it completes the startup phase. I have a permanent broadband internet connection – If I unplug that, PS 7 starts quickly. My conclusion: The license check that PS 7 does when it starts up has stalled somehow. When I check the running processes, I see:
~e5d141.tmp (2 copies)
CDAC11BA.EXE
photoshop.exe

The first two items, as I understand it, are to do with Adobe’s inclusion of Macromedia’s licensing software. Is that correct? So, is anyone else seeing this slowdown? Is there any way to turn this check off so that I don’t have to unplug the internet connection merely to start using PS?

-Roy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Nov 2, 2003
The license check that PS 7 does when it starts up has stalled somehow.

ps 7 doesn’t use activation. do you mean cs?

CDAC11BA.EXE

is spyware.

<http://www.auditmypc.com/freescan/readingroom/cdilla.asp>

get adaware from lavasot <http://www.lavasoft.com>

The first two items, as I understand it, are to do with Adobe’s inclusion of Macromedia’s licensing software.

~e5d141.tmp (2 copies)

< http://www.macromedia.com/software/activation/audit/security _review.pdf>

this file is related to MX, not adobe software.
RV
Roy_Varley
Nov 2, 2003
Hi Dave,

that should read "Macrovision" not "Macromedia" – sorry.

My understanding is that non-USA versions of PS7 included Macrovision’s licensing authorisation mechanism. This was a tryout on us lesser mortals to see if any of us kicked up a big enough fuss.

CDAC11BA.exe appears ONLY when I start photoshop. It then hangs around when I terminate photoshop. It is listed variously as "spyware" by some and "licensing authorisation" software by others on the web. The ~e5d141.tmp files disappear when photoshop is closed.

If you can point me at any discussions which state specifically that these processes are not related to photoshop at all, that would be greatly appreciated. Then I can try and track down how on earth these things are related on my system!!

In the meantime, my photoshop still stalls when I’m connected to the web and not otherwise.

-Roy
RV
Roy_Varley
Nov 2, 2003
Well, now. Isn’t that amazing! The problem has gone away!

Hmmm… I assure you all that the problem really did exist! That I’ve changed nothing on my system! Honest! My gut feel says that whatever site the licensing sofware was supposed to connect to was having problems – they’re now fixed. Wonder how that will affect CS, should the licensing site ever experience a hiccup or two?

-Roy

PS: I’d still like to know more about CDAC11BA.exe and ~e5d141.tmp as it relates to PS7. Or not as the case may be.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections