B
Posted By
bajo
Oct 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hvat is the best 2D graphics card today?

Is the older Matrox Parhelia still the best 2D card for the very serious photoshop user, or is the new ATI Radeon X800 just as good or even better?

JoeSaga

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

W
Waldo
Oct 15, 2004
JoeSaga wrote:

Is the older Matrox Parhelia still the best 2D card for the very serious photoshop user, or is the new ATI Radeon X800 just as good or even better?

JoeSaga

Since when was the Parhelia the best video card??? I’ve had the G550, it sucked, the early Parhelia I’ve seen was slightly better, but I invensted in a much cheaper, much faster and much charper (1600×1200 @ 100 Hz) nVidia chip…

nVidia & ATI are the way too go, but be sure you take the right brand that puts the hardware around them. Not all are as good.

Waldo
H
Hecate
Oct 16, 2004
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 19:20:09 +0200, Waldo
wrote:

JoeSaga wrote:

JoeSaga

Since when was the Parhelia the best video card??? I’ve had the G550, it sucked, the early Parhelia I’ve seen was slightly better, but I invensted in a much cheaper, much faster and much charper (1600×1200 @ 100 Hz) nVidia chip…

nVidia & ATI are the way too go, but be sure you take the right brand that puts the hardware around them. Not all are as good.
Funny that, my G550 is great for 2D, which is what you want in Photoshop.

And to answer the OPs question, nVidia’s 2d is the worst of the three. I’d probably get the Radeon if I was buying.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections