MM
Posted By
Mick_Murphy
Oct 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know this question has been asked before about earlier versions of Photoshop and I know they work on AMDs but I just want to check that this is still the same before I order a new Athlon 3000XP computer mainly for Photoshop CS. The specifications for CS just say Pentium 3 or 4. I’ve tried contacting Adobe UK but the website is down at the moment. I was just about to place an order today for the computer but am a bit reluctant without being certain it will run the software I am buying the computer to run. Thanks for any help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

IL
Ian_Lyons
Oct 21, 2003
Mick,

Photoshop CS WILL run on ANY Pentium Class PC. The Athlon is a Pentium Class processor (whether folk like to think of it that way or not). So YES Photoshop CS WILL run on the system you are thinking of ordering.

Good luck with the new box

Ian
MM
Mick_Murphy
Oct 21, 2003
Thanks very much for the reply Ian. It was pretty much what I thought but I just wanted a bit of reassurance before I go and spend a grand on a new box.

By the way, thanks also for that fantastic website you’ve produced. I’ve used it many times and it has been incredibly useful.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections