RL
Posted By
Robert_L._Arndt
Oct 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
While working on photos, without warning, cursors for the paintbrush and clone tools become crosshairs, even though brush size is still chosen in Preferences. Only closing, and then reopening Photoshop, solves the problem.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Oct 20, 2003
Robert,

Don’t ya’ just love those little things that can seemingly sneak up on you from nowhere…like accidentally activating the Caps Lock key? Caps Lock on enables the precise cursors.

Regards,

Daryl
L
LenHewitt
Oct 20, 2003
Robert,

Only closing, and then reopening Photoshop, solves the problem.<<

No, turning off the Caps_Lock is all you need to do…….
RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 20, 2003
If simply quiting PS and restarting it fixes the problem, then I doubt it’s the caps lock. Quitting PS wouldn’t turn it off.

I suspect the problem may actually be the video driver.

Bob
C
Cheesefood
Oct 20, 2003
Delete your preferences and trash your ADOBEFNT*.LST files. Then upgrade.
L
LenHewitt
Oct 21, 2003
Bob,

Quitting PS wouldn’t turn it off.<<

I suspect the original poster’s accuracy in his posting <smile>
RL
Robert_L._Arndt
Nov 2, 2003
Thanks, everyone. Just now back to the forum. I now know that caps locks on gives me those precise cursors, and found that the problem does not leave after closing PS, and then reopening. Must still undo the caps lock. Guess in past I unknowingly undid caps locks, besides reopening.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections