Gene_Kew
Oct 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Take a quick gander at this:

<http://www.thumbrocket.com/samplecable3d.jpg>

How did they simulate the uneven coloring of a water-based ink pen? Does anyone have a quick method?

I have the font that is being used, just no quick method for making the uneven ink look?

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Oct 18, 2003
Gene,

I would’t even think of a font. Since I have a tablet (Graphire 2), which is pressure sensitive, I would write the text by hand.
The pressure is then set up for opacity rather than width. Plus, Handwriting this way will prevent characters from being exactly the same.

In the case I did not have a tablet I would write on paper, scan it, put it on a layer and carefully manipulate partial opacity with a soft eraser brush.

Rob
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Oct 18, 2003
If you don’t have a tablet, adding an adjustment layer with blurred clouds applied to its mask might do the job.
JH
Jake_Hannam
Oct 18, 2003
If the text is on its own layer, you could use the Eraser brush set to a lower opacity. It appears to me that the first line is lightest, the second a little darker, and the third darkest. Rasterize the text layer, then change the opacity on each line of text and just give it a quick swipe with a large brush (wide enough to effect one line at a time).

That would probably be easiest for you. Rob and Pierre’s methods will work as well. You could also try the dodge and burn tools.

That’s the cool thing about Photoshop. There are almost always three or more ways to achieve an effect.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections