How do you edit one single frame without the effects being done to all of the frames?

CA
Posted By
chinthaka_amarasinghe
Oct 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
(topic)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

HS
Henry_Skinner
Oct 17, 2003
Are you reffering to layers when you use "frames"?
CA
chinthaka_amarasinghe
Oct 17, 2003
yes.
HS
Henry_Skinner
Oct 17, 2003
Assuming you are talking about an adjustment layer… You can create a layer set of the layers you want the adjustment applied to and put the adjustment layer within the layer set.
CA
chinthaka_amarasinghe
Oct 17, 2003
how exactly do you do that?
HG
Howard_Goldberg
Oct 17, 2003
I am sure that there are any ways to do this however I would open a new document that is the same size and resolution as the original and drop the layer in question into that new document. Do what ever you want to it, flatten it and drag it back into the original at the appropriate level and delete the original layer. Hope this helps. If I am wrong I am sure the list will let us know.

Good luck,

Bob
CW
Colin_Walls
Oct 17, 2003
Or just alt-click on the boundary between the adjustment layer and the image layer in the layers palette.
PH
Photo_Help
Oct 17, 2003
Colin,

Keep in mind that grouping layers will only have an effect on the layer data itself. If you use layer styles you would like to be included that go outside of that area (like stroke, drop shadow, etc.) you are better off using a layer set.

Also know that depending on how many layers you add an adjustment to and the opacity settings of each layer you could get very different results using groupings instead of sets.
CA
chinthaka_amarasinghe
Oct 18, 2003
can someone actually show me the steps?
PC
Patty_Clarke
Oct 18, 2003
Chinthaka,

I could be totally off base here, but I get the "feeling" that maybe you are talking "frames" in Image Ready rather than layers in photoshop—maybe a little more info would help us to help you.

"Hope this Helps" (heh heh)

Patty 🙂
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Oct 18, 2003
Chinthaka,

I was also thinking that perhaps you are referring to frames in ImageReady, in that you might be working on an animation? If so, then maybe it would help to think of each frame as a collection of visible layers. That is, select one frame and then move to the layers palette and hide any layers whose edited effects you do not want contributing to the visible image. Repeat for all the other frames. When you Save Optimized as an animated GIF, each frame will be a flattened image representing the layers you left visible for that instance in time.

Regards,

Daryl
CA
chinthaka_amarasinghe
Oct 20, 2003
how do you hide the other layers? (sorry for the questions, i’m really new at this)
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 20, 2003
click the eye icon next to the layer in the layers palette. it toggles the layers on and off.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections