TN
Posted By
Troy_n._Borel
Oct 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have created a new document in photoshop 7. I have created a few lines of text and also some images. Everything at this point are still in layers. I have had this issue before and found a way to correct it. But now i seem to have forgotten how to fix the problem. When i take one of the text lines or one of the images and move it across the document just trying to move it around to see which looks better as i move or drag to another spot it jumps right back where it first was. After playing around with it a while i finaly get it to stay put in another spot, themn again if i move it one more time same thing as soon as i let go of the mouse hoping it would stay in place it moves back to the previous spot where it was last placed. It will not always stay where i place it. It almost reminds you of snap to grid, but this is not the case i have checked and unchecked that part and to no avail. Please tell me what to select so i may fix this problem

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

ED
Emma_d_Anise
Oct 16, 2003
You couldn’t possibly be attempting to drag the layer outside of your image area, could you? I know if you try to drag outside of that area (like onto the artboard like in Illie) it will pop back to the same position. Other than that I haven’t a clue.
TN
Troy_n._Borel
Oct 16, 2003
No it is different areas of the document it does this. Not outside of the area.
CW
Colin_Walls
Oct 16, 2003
Exactly how are you trying to move the text? Which tool have you selected? Sounds like a silly question, but let’s not skip the obvious.
TN
Troy_n._Borel
Oct 16, 2003
the move tool (arrow/cross symbol-very top left tool). this same feature works at times and other times it don’t
PH
Photo_Help
Oct 16, 2003
Troy,

Are you moving the cursor outside the active window? You can drag things completely off the canvas provided you never take the mouse outside the active window.

Maximize the document window and see if you still have the same problem.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections