SW
Posted By
Svend_White
Oct 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using a third party app (Al-Rassam Al-Arabi) to import Arabic text into Photoshop 7. The product claims to work with Photoshop, Illustrator, etc., but when I import a short phrase, many of the letters are boxes instead of Arabic letters. About half the letters are correct, and the rest are empty boxes.

I’ve tried with several Arabic fonts (e.g., AXtGIHaneBold, AXtSAlwaBold) and the results have been the same.

These fonts are working fine in other programs (e.g., when I import the text into Fireworks), so I’m wondering if there is a setting in Photoshop that I need to change so that the text is imported correctly.

Thanks.

Svend

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

HD
hot_denim
Oct 16, 2003
If you dont find a solution;

In e.g. Illustrator Export the text as a vectorised shape into a file format Photshop can Load/Import. Then you can work with the text in Photoshop…..but not edit it as text.
R
remarkble
Oct 21, 2003
It is best to use Middle Eastern edition of Adobe PhotoShop 7.01-ME, as this supports Arabic, and includes a bundle of Arabic fonts with the package. English edition of PhotoShop cannot handle the complexity of the Arabic language.

Within PhotoShop-ME, you can type Arabic (and other languages) correctly, but it is not intended for "importing Arabic text".

If you wish to import Arabic text (such as from Word/Windows), then you may want to use Adobe InDesign-ME as it has many import filters, and you can prepare Arabic text, then outline and save as EPS, then import this file into any English program (Illustrator/PhotoShop) for additional enhancement of the Arabic text.

See link: <http://www.fontworld.com/arabic/photoshopme.html>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections