F
Posted By
Frank
Sep 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
with OptiCal and spyder in the precuision mode, how do you know what values to insert in the black and white luminance boxes? Computer-Darkroom mentions 90 for the one and shows a screen-print image with 0.3 for the other; but this is user definable and how do I know exactly? Instructions arent to clear.
This is for one monitor not a workgroup.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
Madsen
Sep 10, 2004
Frank wrote:

with OptiCal and spyder in the precuision mode, how do you know what values to insert in the black and white luminance boxes? Computer-Darkroom mentions 90 for the one and shows a screen-print image with 0.3 for the other; but this is user definable and how do I know exactly?

From the ColorVision User Guide:

| For CRT monitors, the suggested black luminance is .30 and | the suggested white luminance is 90.0.
| Click on “Edit->Preferences”. Choose either Standard or | Precision mode. In Standard mode, you will use your eye to | tell you how to adjust your monitor´s on-screen settings. In | Precision mode, the Spyder tells you what adjustments to make | according to the target values you set in the OptiCAL window.

Xpost to: alt.graphics.photoshop and comp.graphics.apps.photoshop.

Regards
Madsen
F
Frank
Sep 10, 2004

xx
"Thomas G. Madsen" wrote in message
Frank wrote:

with OptiCal and spyder in the precuision mode, how do you know what values to insert in the black and white luminance boxes? Computer-Darkroom mentions 90 for the one and shows a screen-print image with 0.3 for the other; but this is user definable and how do I know exactly?

From the ColorVision User Guide:

| For CRT monitors, the suggested black luminance is .30 and | the suggested white luminance is 90.0.
| Click on "Edit->Preferences". Choose either Standard or | Precision mode. In Standard mode, you will use your eye to | tell you how to adjust your monitor
M
Madsen
Sep 10, 2004
Frank wrote:

This is exactly my question. Cant be the same for all monitors .3 and 90. It’s user definable after all.

But nevertheless the suggested setting for all CRT monitors is
0.30 and 90.0 according to the user guide.

Xpost to: alt.graphics.photoshop and comp.graphics.apps.photoshop.

Regards
Madsen

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections