ksenia
Sep 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I am sorry for the crossposting, but it seems to be a cross-domain problem 🙁
I have an animation in ActionScript 2 where parts of the site (quite complex graphics, mostly) come together in one peace, flying/fading etc. I coded the animation first, and after that started to cut the needed parts out of Photoshop design. Everything looked good: every part was on different layer, so I didn’t expect any troubles. I usually export images to PNG to preserve transparancy and then import it in Flash.
However, it appear that most of the layers have ‘Multiply mode’ turned on. And, of course, it looks different in Flash. Oh my god. How could I miss that? So now, when the deadline is close and the designer is far, I wonder what could be the solution:
– Do something similar to ‘Multiply mode’ in Flash / Actionscript. Is it possible?! I googled, and googled, and googled, but it didn’t bring much 🙁
– Make all the graphics ‘freestanding’ and try to get similar effect with alpha… It will remove some color-blending effect, but if nothing else helps… Is there a _fast_ way to make a graphic ‘freestanding’ it in Photoshop? It _looks_ already freestanding, with ‘multiply’ turned on.
– Any other ideas?

Appreciate any help,

Ksenia.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
bogus
Sep 10, 2004
Don’t know if this will help.

Command + C (Ctrl + C on PC) will cut the selected layer.

Command + Shift + C (Ctrl + Shift + C on PC) will cut visible contents as long as active layer is visible.

If compositing layers does not work in Flash, you could maybe cut the composite image in Photoshop and use that.

Good Luck

dp

Ksenia wrote:

Hi,

I am sorry for the crossposting, but it seems to be a cross-domain problem 🙁
I have an animation in ActionScript 2 where parts of the site (quite complex graphics, mostly) come together in one peace, flying/fading etc. I coded the animation first, and after that started to cut the needed parts out of Photoshop design. Everything looked good: every part was on different layer, so I didn’t expect any troubles. I usually export images to PNG to preserve transparancy and then import it in Flash.
However, it appear that most of the layers have ‘Multiply mode’ turned on. And, of course, it looks different in Flash. Oh my god. How could I miss that? So now, when the deadline is close and the designer is far, I wonder what could be the solution:
– Do something similar to ‘Multiply mode’ in Flash / Actionscript. Is it possible?! I googled, and googled, and googled, but it didn’t bring much 🙁
– Make all the graphics ‘freestanding’ and try to get similar effect with alpha… It will remove some color-blending effect, but if nothing else helps… Is there a _fast_ way to make a graphic ‘freestanding’ it in Photoshop? It _looks_ already freestanding, with ‘multiply’ turned on.
– Any other ideas?

Appreciate any help,

Ksenia.
K
ksenia
Sep 11, 2004
bogus wrote in message news:

If compositing layers does not work in Flash, you could maybe cut the composite image in Photoshop and use that.

Yes, that’s what I am going to do: create extra images for overlapping parts and replace them during the animation. It will increase flash file size, but it’s the only way.

Thanks!

Ksenia.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections