etobicoke555
Dec 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
December 17, 2003

To Insert jpg images into WordPerfect Suite 8 "UNSUPPORTED FORMAT" message

Over the years I have scanned [ Hp 4400C] jpg images into Photoshop, [ including my present Version P.S. 7.0.1. ; made adjustments, and saved them as jpg"s with the same properties,[ Baseline Standard or Baseline Optimized] into a computer folder D:\XYZ

1] One is able to scan and Insert jpg images from the HP 4400C scanner directly into a WP8 document.

2] One is able to[ Insert] from within WP 8; any jpg images from folder "XYZ" into Wordperfect 8

3] From within Wordperfect 8 , one can scroll and select any jpg image from folder "XYZ" in Windows Explorer ,and [ Open] the image in WordPerfect 8 ][OK] with success.

4] One is able to scan jpg images and select , as an example ; "Save As :… wpdocs\image name. jpg" and this jpeg may be Inserted into a Wordperfect document successfully from within Wordperfect 8 [D:\wpdocs ]

5] Recently My computer was upgraded to the state of the art , replacing the Gigabyte Mother Board, the AMD C.P.U. . And DDRAM

6] Following the upgrade; some forty new images were scanned into Photoshop, adjusted and Saved in the usually jpg format., same as I always have, into Folder D:\ABC

7] Now, whenever one attempts to Insert a jpeg into a WP 8 document , from any image in D:\ABC one receives the message "Unsupported Format" . Yet I can open these same jpg’s into Photoshop or any other Image Editor e.g. ADCSee with no problem

8] Since WP 8 is considered a " Corel Legacy software" ; it has been impossible for me to solve this problem at [ Support begins with Wordperfect 10 or 11 ]

9] Equipment = OS is Windows 2000 Pro / 512Mb DD Ram/ AMD 2500 +

Please help and thank you

Dr Fimio

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

G
Grandizer
Dec 17, 2003
Almost guarantee that the problem is that the WP8 converter for jpegs is either corrupted or missing…

Have you tried drag and dropping the file into the open document?

Do a search for WP 8 import filters for Jpegs, and you should find one that will work for you.

Just a few ideas..

"Gordon J. Fimio DDS FAGD" wrote:

December 17, 2003

To Insert jpg images into WordPerfect Suite 8 "UNSUPPORTED FORMAT" message

Over the years I have scanned [ Hp 4400C] jpg images into Photoshop, [ including my present Version P.S. 7.0.1. ; made adjustments, and saved them as jpg"s with the same properties,[ Baseline Standard or Baseline Optimized] into a computer folder D:\XYZ

1] One is able to scan and Insert jpg images from the HP 4400C scanner directly into a WP8 document.

2] One is able to[ Insert] from within WP 8; any jpg images from folder "XYZ" into Wordperfect 8

3] From within Wordperfect 8 , one can scroll and select any jpg image from folder "XYZ" in Windows Explorer ,and [ Open] the image in WordPerfect 8 ][OK] with success.

4] One is able to scan jpg images and select , as an example ; "Save As :… wpdocs\image name. jpg" and this jpeg may be Inserted into a Wordperfect document successfully from within Wordperfect 8 [D:\wpdocs ]
5] Recently My computer was upgraded to the state of the art , replacing the Gigabyte Mother Board, the AMD C.P.U. . And DDRAM

6] Following the upgrade; some forty new images were scanned into Photoshop, adjusted and Saved in the usually jpg format., same as I always have, into Folder D:\ABC

7] Now, whenever one attempts to Insert a jpeg into a WP 8 document , from any image in D:\ABC one receives the message "Unsupported Format" . Yet I can open these same jpg’s into Photoshop or any other Image Editor e.g. ADCSee with no problem

8] Since WP 8 is considered a " Corel Legacy software" ; it has been impossible for me to solve this problem at [ Support begins with Wordperfect 10 or 11 ]

9] Equipment = OS is Windows 2000 Pro / 512Mb DD Ram/ AMD 2500 +
Please help and thank you

Dr Fimio

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections