Posted By
no
Sep 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m wondering if someone knows how this background (
http://members.shaw.ca/annaps/list/bg.gif ) is created? I’m assuming it’s a pattern fill, but the two things I’m interested in are:

1: On the left side of the image, it almost looks like the pattern isn’t filled completely and there areas where there are just a few of the darker pattern filled areas?

2. In the middle of the pattern, more towards the center or right had side, it looks as if the pattern is torn and the underlying lighter blue is showing up. Is this done manually by just erasing some of the top layer pattern or is there an easier way of creating this look?

Just to make it a bit easier to see the image, I have the normal size image at the top of the website listed above and below that is a zoomed in image so that the details can be seen better.

Thank you.

Anna

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
Sep 7, 2004
Anna wrote:
http://members.shaw.ca/annaps/list/bg.gif ) is created? I’m assuming it’s a pattern fill, but the two things I’m interested in are:
1: On the left side of the image, it almost looks like the pattern isn’t filled completely and there areas where there are just a few of the darker pattern filled areas?

2. In the middle of the pattern, more towards the center or right had side, it looks as if the pattern is torn and the underlying lighter blue is showing up. Is this done manually by just erasing some of the top layer pattern or is there an easier way of creating this look?

Just to make it a bit easier to see the image, I have the normal size image at the top of the website listed above and below that is a zoomed in image so that the details can be seen better.

Anna,

There are probably many ways to do this. Here’s one. To me it looks like the basic pattern was foliage silhouetted against the sky, copied around with the clone tool to get the shape, and then bits of folliage cloned to the sky and smudged to get a of grungy look.

Create a new layer, fill it with a hatch patter, and set the mode to screen, and adjust the transparency and play with the layer blending options to get the look you want.

Create a Hue/Sat adjustment, set it to colorize mode and play with the hue and sat sliders to set the entire image to the desired color.

Save the psd file, in case you want to make changes later, then flatten and convert the image to indexed color mode, and save as a GIF. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
B
bagal
Sep 7, 2004
Yay – another thorough answer in entirety

If this NG continues like this we may have to pay to post LOL!

Well done (r u the great one in human form?)

Articus

"Mike Russell" wrote in message
Anna wrote:

Anna,

There are probably many ways to do this. Here’s one. To me it looks like the basic pattern was foliage silhouetted against the sky, copied around with the clone tool to get the shape, and then bits of folliage cloned to the sky and smudged to get a of grungy look.

Create a new layer, fill it with a hatch patter, and set the mode to screen,
and adjust the transparency and play with the layer blending options to get
the look you want.

Create a Hue/Sat adjustment, set it to colorize mode and play with the hue and sat sliders to set the entire image to the desired color.
Save the psd file, in case you want to make changes later, then flatten and
convert the image to indexed color mode, and save as a GIF. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections