SP
Posted By
scott_pepper
Oct 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello new here but have a question, i have noticed a copy of Photoshop 7 for sale on ebay i contacted the seller they say they have reciepts but its an OEM version is it ok to buy OEM versions from others?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TK
Thomas_Knoll
Oct 13, 2003
People who sell pirate versions of Photoshop always falsely claim they are "OEM" versions in an attempt to explain to their customers why Adobe does not provide technical support or allow upgrades.
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 13, 2003
does ps even ship as an oem version? must be some expensive hardware for them to ship a $600+ application for free with it!
RB
Robert_Barnett
Oct 13, 2003
Scott,

As Dave said I don’t think Photoshop 7 is available OEM. I haven’t seen any hardware being a high end scanner or digital camera that comes with a full version of Photoshop. I think this is part of the reason they created Photoshop Elements as it is a more affordable alternative for OEM distribution.

That said even if it was a true full legit OEM version it is illegal to sell OEM software without the hardware it was licensed for. In this case usually a scanner or digital camera. So I would say pass it up.

Also, I can’t really recommend buying software on eBay. You may think you are getting a good deal but 9 times out of 10 your end up getting shafted and this is one time when seller ratings don’t matter as people that don’t care if it is legal or not maybe happy with what they got as long as it installs and works.

Robert

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections