P
Posted By
PT
Dec 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My wife bought a digital camera and has begun accumulating lots of photo files. She wants to be able to do several simple things:

Adjust the brightness
Crop a section of a photo to create a new file, maintaining the same width height ratio
Fix red Eye and several other really minor tweaks

She’s been using Picture-It Photo and finds it hard to figure out – no manual came with it.

Would Photoshop be a case of using a sledgehammer to crack a peanut? Also, is the Professional version the only one, or is there a lighter version? —
PT

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Check out Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 at www.adobe.com

"PT" wrote in message
My wife bought a digital camera and has begun accumulating lots of photo files. She wants to be able to do several simple things:
Adjust the brightness
Crop a section of a photo to create a new file, maintaining the same width height ratio

She’s been using Picture-It Photo and finds it hard to figure out – no manual came with it.

Would Photoshop be a case of using a sledgehammer to crack a peanut?
Also,
is the Professional version the only one, or is there a lighter version? —
PT

V
Voivod
Dec 14, 2003
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:51:39 -0800, "PT" scribbled:

Would Photoshop be a case of using a sledgehammer to crack a peanut? Also,

Photoshop would be using a nuke to crack a peanut.

is the Professional version the only one, or is there a lighter version?

Did you bother to visit the Adobe site and look?
H
Hecate
Dec 15, 2003
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:51:39 -0800, "PT" wrote:

Adjust the brightness

Would Photoshop be a case of using a sledgehammer to crack a peanut? Also, is the Professional version the only one, or is there a lighter version?

Go and buy her Adobe Elements 2. She’ll love you forever 🙂

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui
R
RTM
Dec 15, 2003
Have a look on the CD and see if there isn’t a manual in the form of a .pdf file.

Ron.

PT wrote in message
MM
Major Malfunction
Dec 15, 2003
"PT" wrote in message
Adjust the brightness

Would Photoshop be a case of using a sledgehammer to crack a peanut?
Also,
is the Professional version the only one, or is there a lighter version?

I’ll second the vote for PhotoShop Elements. Especially the new bundle that comes with the Album software.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections