Posted By
Thomas_Abraham
Oct 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

If I purchase Photoshop CS. Can I have one copy installed both at home and at my office with the same license? With 3dstudio max, I am able to use a "floating license" which I copy on a floppy disk and take home so that at a given moment, only one computer is running the application.

It would be nice to have an option like that (if it does not exist) as I do a lot of work from home too.

Thanking you,
-tom

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GH
Grass_Hopper
Oct 13, 2003
Thomas,

according to the EULA, you can install PS on two computers, generally accepted as your primary computer and a portable one. BUT, as you have indicated, they can NOT be run simultaneously.
RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 13, 2003
Yes, you can have two installations as long as only one is being used at a time.

Bob
TA
Thomas_Abraham
Oct 13, 2003
Thanks for the prompt reply!

-ron
MA
Mark_Allen
Oct 13, 2003
Hi,

I have two "Networked Computers" at home, and a working computer in the Studio. Can I register the two "Home" computers similutaneously and register the "Working Computer" in a different guise?

Would love to hear THIS outcome!

Regards

Mark
RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 13, 2003
IMO, no. But would you really need to? You could use on license for one home machine and the work machine and one for the other home machine.

Bob
MA
Mark_Allen
Oct 13, 2003
Bob,

Thanks but I use one machine for gathering the images, ie through a "Digital Camera, D60, Pro" and store them on the other Computer, i.e the "Workhorse".

I do all the work in "Photoshop" on the clean conputer and save "EVERYTHING" on the "Workhorse". Obviously I need "PHOTOSHOP" for processing but I don’t want two licences.

I will then burn images, compilations and working files to disc and show them to clients on the "Studio" Computer.

As I am determined to purchase the complete "Creative Suite" shortly, I need to be able to degronize the situation and know if this spaciality can be accomplished.

Regards

Mark
RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 14, 2003
The license allows you to put it on two computers, but I don’t know the exact verbiage. But one thing is sure. Both machines can not be in use at the same time.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 14, 2003
Both machines can not be in use at the same time.

I think more correctly stated that would be both copies of photoshop can’t be in use at the same time.
RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 14, 2003
Dave,

Yes, that’s what I should have said.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 14, 2003
I got’cher back Bob! 🙂
RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 15, 2003
Thanks, pardner! <g>

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections