L
Posted By
llutton
Dec 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to open Help from Photoshop 7, in Windows XP, it tries to go online, and then stops because the program can’t find a file. Months ago, I had this problem and then, I figured out how to get directly to Help without going online. I changed something in my Internet setup. Now, it’s trying to go online again. I think it’s doing it because I updated my online service to AOL version 9. I’ve tried and this time am not able to figure out how to get to Help. Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Lynn

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

S
Stephan
Dec 12, 2003
"LLutton" wrote in message
When I try to open Help from Photoshop 7, in Windows XP, it tries to go
online,
and then stops because the program can’t find a file. Months ago, I had
this
problem and then, I figured out how to get directly to Help without going online. I changed something in my Internet setup. Now, it’s trying to go
again. I think it’s doing it because I updated my online service to AOL version 9. I’ve tried and this time am not able to figure out how to get
to
Help. Can anyone help me?
Thanks,

??? Are you sure it is going on line?
It is normally just launching Explorer.
What does it say in the address bar?
C:/Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop/help/help.html or Adobe.com/blablabla BTW going from one version to the next is never "upgrading" when you use AOL.
What ever version, AOL sucks real bad.

Stephan
L
llutton
Dec 12, 2003
Rather than trying to go online It may be just trying to open Internet Explorer to get to help. I solved this problem after I wrote my post last night by changing the default browser from AOL to Internet Explorer. Now, I’ve messed up my shortcut key because it trys to open IE now instead of AOL. But, Photoshop Help works okay. I wrote to AOL and they have sent me an email explining how to create a shortcut key, so I’ll see if I can get everything back on track. AOL is my wife’s thing. She hates to give it up so I put up with it. Thanks,
Lynn

When I try to open Help from Photoshop 7, in Windows XP, it tries to go
online,
and then stops because the program can’t find a file. Months ago, I had
this
problem and then, I figured out how to get directly to Help without going online. I changed something in my Internet setup. Now, it’s trying to go
again. I think it’s doing it because I updated my online service to AOL version 9. I’ve tried and this time am not able to figure out how to get
to
Help. Can anyone help me?
Thanks,

??? Are you sure it is going on line?
It is normally just launching Explorer.
What does it say in the address bar?
C:/Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop/help/help.html or Adobe.com/blablabla BTW going from one version to the next is never "upgrading" when you use AOL.
What ever version, AOL sucks real bad.

Stephan

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections