DL
Posted By
David Lemberg
Aug 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In PS CS, I’ve just downloaded/installed ACR 2.2 (and removed the old version from the Plug-ins directory).

With .NEF files from a Nikon D70, only a gray dialog opens — RAW Adjustments(PP) — with only Exposure compensation and White balance tools, and without any metadata.

But with .CRW files from a Canon S50, the full-blown ACR 2.2 launches, with Adjust/Detail/Lens/Calibrate tabs, etc.

How can I launch the full-blown Camera Raw 2.2 when viewing the .NEF files?

Thanks in advance.

David

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
Jimmy
Aug 26, 2004
"David Lemberg" wrote in message
In PS CS, I’ve just downloaded/installed ACR 2.2 (and removed the old version from the Plug-ins directory).

With .NEF files from a Nikon D70, only a gray dialog opens — RAW Adjustments(PP) — with only Exposure compensation and White balance tools,
and without any metadata.

But with .CRW files from a Canon S50, the full-blown ACR 2.2 launches, with
Adjust/Detail/Lens/Calibrate tabs, etc.

Thanks in advance.

David
Uninstall the Nikon .nef plug-in (or just rename them), then ACR will load.
DL
David Lemberg
Aug 26, 2004
Score! Thanks very much, Jimmy!

The Nikon NEF plugin — "Nikon NEF Plugin LE" — was in Plug-Ins\Adobe Photoshop Only\File Formats.

I moved it out of the folder and now ACR 2.2 launches in full mode with my NEF files!

David

"Jimmy" wrote in message
"David Lemberg" wrote in message

With .NEF files from a Nikon D70, only a gray dialog opens — RAW Adjustments(PP) — with only Exposure compensation and White balance tools,
and without any metadata.

But with .CRW files from a Canon S50, the full-blown ACR 2.2 launches, with
Adjust/Detail/Lens/Calibrate tabs, etc.

Thanks in advance.

David
Uninstall the Nikon .nef plug-in (or just rename them), then ACR will
load.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections