GS
Posted By
george_sayers
Oct 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I did check database for info and thanks DID find the how to remove red eye from photos …… but my question is why isn’t there a ‘quick fix’ one step for removal of red eye as Adobe has done in Photoshop Album?? OR IS THERE?? thanks once again.
Christine

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GH
Grass_Hopper
Oct 11, 2003
george,

you can always run an action to make the red eye removal more of a one step process. I went to Adobe Studio Exchange and did a search and found this list of actions <http://share.studio.adobe.com/axAdvancedSearchSubmit.asp>. Perhaps one will be to your liking?

EDIT: well, darn, the link doesn’t work! Okay, go to the Exchange <http://share.studio.adobe.com/Default.asp>, use the advanced find option and do a search for "red eye", under Photoshop actions and you should get 3 returns on the search.

Adobe Studio Exchange is free, but you must register.

hope that helps!

grasshopper
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Oct 11, 2003
Studio exchange log-in is down……
GH
Grass_Hopper
Oct 11, 2003
hmmm, I get there but that’s probably because I have a cookie keeping track of me?
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Oct 11, 2003
I have a cookie keeping track of me too. She’s out shopping, however, so I get to play. ;-):-)
GH
Grass_Hopper
Oct 12, 2003
🙂
GS
george_sayers
Oct 12, 2003
THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU – I LOVE THIS FORUM – YOU GUYS ARE GEMS!

Lawrence, careful or your ‘cookie’ may shorten her shopping time and reduce your playtime!! Christine.
GH
Grass_Hopper
Oct 12, 2003
Christine,

I am sorry that I referred to you as george! I simply looked at the login name and missed that you had signed your name at the bottom 😮

Happy to have been able to help you 🙂
GS
george_sayers
Oct 12, 2003
Adobe Studio Exchange is awesome – thanks for sharing! But i do have to say re the red eye – that if Adobe can do a one click "remove red eye" in Adobe Photoshop Album, then it should really be in PShop – even if it is TOO easy for all you very clever users of PShop, would be so good for dummies like moi.
cheers and thanks again – um yes I do admit to removing the red eye in Album – sorry! Christine
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Oct 12, 2003
Christine

Your moniker, george sayers, reminds me of Chopin’s lover George Sand.
GH
Grass_Hopper
Oct 12, 2003
Christine,

I wonder if Photoshop Album uses a plugin for red eye removal? If you have Album and can peek at the plugins directory and find it there, you just might be able to copy the plugin into your Photoshop’s plugin directory and have it work in PS. I know this is true with Elements plugins, so maybe true for Album?

grasshopper
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Feb 24, 2004
what version of PS do you have?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections