AC
Posted By
Andrew_Curatola
Oct 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just received a newsletter from Photoshop User (NAPP)stating that NAPP members can get a $30.00 discount for Photoshop CS by calling NAPP for a discount code. It has to be purchased from the Adobe store.
I had preordered my CS upgrade from the Adobe store when Photoshop CS first came out. What I had to do was call Customer Service and cancell my original preorder and reorder via the Internet from the Adobe store. Your asked for the discount code and the price of the Photoshop CS upgrade was $139.
Andrew

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Oct 9, 2003
Anyone need another credit card? Ha! Well, for some folks, you may find that Amazon.com offers a $30 credit if you sign up for a no annual fee Amazon.com VISA card. That too would effectively get you a discount on PS8. I did that for another purchase and figure its easy enough to just not use the card or cancel it later as I see fit. A $30 discount is pretty nice to get.

Daryl
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Oct 10, 2003
Interesting….when I clicked on that link Robert, I found the offer was now for only a $20 credit. Must be a different cookie on my PC that I’m at or else the offer is crumbling away. I had better see a $30 coupon when my credit card arrives. I plan to use it on Katrin’s Eisemann’s new Photoshop Retouching book. 🙂
RB
Robert_Blackwell
Oct 10, 2003
I don’t know if there really is a $30 coupon…the associates center only shows $20 and that’s what I’ve seen on the banners. If you find a $30 promotion somewhere else, I’d do that, but I don’t know where it is 🙁
AC
Andrew_Curatola
Oct 10, 2003
Hi Daryl, its that time again. Hoping there aren’t any problems with CS and your Photobars. Myself and alot of other people depend on them.

Take care
Andrew
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Oct 11, 2003
Hi Andrew,

I’m not sure what to expect this time around with Phototools and Photobars. With PS7, I had some resources available where I was able to get a jump on developing the Photobars supplement, but no such luck this time and I suspect it may well be after the retail release of PS8 that I’ll be able to take a look at it. You’ll find more comments on the Photobars topic in the thread "For PS8: Will there be a Photobars "CS" supplement to Phototools?" </cgi-bin/webx?13/8> or at my website.

Robert, my Amazon offer was definitely for $30, which seemed worth the trouble of getting then later destroying a credit card. Hmmm…I just went to Amazon.com and again see the $30 offer. Maybe it varies each day or according to some sort of cookie. < http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/home.html/002-6 695304-1241620>

Cheers,

Daryl
RB
Robert_Blackwell
Oct 13, 2003
Yeah, that link doesn’t have a promo offer attached to it, it’s probably random.
MA
Mark_Allen
Oct 13, 2003
You guys are complaining without due cause.

Whenever Adobe anounce a product, and we look at it on the US site, it gives say $99 for the "RAW Plug-in", well, we in the UK have to pay the same in pounds, i.e. £99.

Considering the value of £ til $ is two thirds, how do Adobe work that out. That’s like saying a $30,000 car should sell for $45.000, just because we live in a different country, and what makes the matter worse, if we download any "Apps" from the site,we are taxed on them also, even though Adobe doesn’t pay "Postage for Ever"

So what’s the score, Who’s getting the best deal or what?

I swear blind, If Chris Cox or any of the guys reply to the mail, then they are either "THE LORD" or they are unhappy with the scenario as well.

I REST MY CASE

So any crying, OOOOOHHH!!!! ADOBE MADE ME DO IT BBOO HHHHOOOOO!!!!!

Regards

A NOT UK SUBSIDISED UNHAPPY OVER THE WATER DOWNLOAD ENABLED USER OF ADOBE PRODUCTS.

And make a synonym of this if you want. I’m going drinking. So NA!NA! NA!

Bad Adobe

Regards

Mark
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 13, 2003
Still ticked about that "colony" thing I see. 🙂
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 13, 2003
Mark – we don’t use the same number for dollars and pounds.

BUT in England and Europe we have additional taxes (VAT, etc.) and some extra costs that have to be figured into the prices (like hiring accountants to deal with insane VAT policies ;-).

Yes, I wish the prices were closer – but you’ll have to talk to the various governments about that…..
MA
Mark_Allen
Oct 13, 2003
Dave, What do you mean "Colony", we STILL own the STATES with all our trade. Without the "Brits" Well what can I say. LOL!

Yes Chris I understand, but how do you legislate if we "DOWNLOAD" a product. How is any Government meant to know about THAT.

Regards

Mark
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 14, 2003
Well what can I say. LOL!

🙂
MA
Mark_Allen
Oct 14, 2003
Also Dave,

I live in Northern Ireland which is a "State within a State" and Chris, the Irish Republic, THEY don’t have VAT, as such, and certainly not for Northerners, so what do you say about THAT?

Anyway, they’re now Euro, so does that make it any easier? I can convert my Quid to Euro and get a no VAT package. What do you reckon?

I’m going to the seminar release down South, so i’ll expect a cheaper deal what with the exchange rate et al!

But I notice the "Clients" down South aren’t necessarily Cheaper, they just accept the pricing.

Overall I think the whole deal is a real Sham

Regards

Mark
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 14, 2003
Mark – several US states and some countries have tax policies that affect purchases made outside the region (because they are "delivered" in region).

It’s not a sham, but it is interesting to watch companies try to set fair prices and compensate for all the local costs involved….
MA
Mark_Allen
Oct 14, 2003
Chris,

In the past I whinged about "Features" for Photoshop et al and "Fair Play" Adobe have delivered coz you guys listened and were up front and personal about that.

I know this is an "in-Betweenie" or in "IR" terms a "TWEEN" but you ARE evading the "Download" issue. What gives? regarding tax

Regards

Mark

P.S. Thanks for more than the "Impressionist" FEATURE
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 14, 2003
Mark – the very first line of my last message addresses downloads.
MA
Mark_Allen
Oct 14, 2003
C’est Soire Chris

Comprendez Vous

Regardez Vous

Mark
SP
slim_palmer
Oct 14, 2003
Chris
re: "…in England and Europe we have additional taxes (VAT, etc.) and some extra costs that have to be figured into the prices (like hiring accountants to deal with insane VAT policies…"

Photoshop 7 in the UK costs £593 whilst our US cousins pay only £377.

If you live in Australia you can expect to pay £522, India £470, Russia £369 (£369 that’s cheaper than The States!) and the Czechs pay £750.

Europe have the worst deal, it seems, from my scour of the web. If you are in France £879, Germany £812 and the Italians a whopping great £1,050! (Prices quoted are for the International edition)

VAT rates are from 15-25% in Europe – QED £377 + 25% = £471.25

Oh, to be an accountant in Italy 🙂
G
Gener
Oct 14, 2003
I notice many in the US who work with Asian or Middle Eastern scripts are advised in these forums to use the proper localised Photoshop edition such as Photoshop Middle East.

Does Adobe make arrangements for those in the US (or other countries) to legally acquire and register them?
GP
Geoff_P_White
Oct 15, 2003
Re: Amazon credit card deal. It does not make sense to sign up for a new credit card for a $30 credit if you are not going to use the card in the future, since every time you apply for a new card your credit record is affected. The more cards you apply for (whether or not you are approved for them) the lower your credit score becomes. So in effect whenever you apply for credit (whether credit card, home loan, etc) in the future, you will be stuck with a higher interest rate that will have you paying MUCH MORE than $30 in interest.

So bottom line, don’t get sucker by the credit card companies. They give away $30 gifts or credits like candies because they know they will make that back from you, either through credit card interest, annual fees, telemarketing "deals", and higher interest rates on your future loans…

Geoff.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Oct 16, 2003
Geoff,

Your advice is well taken and I do agree, if one has much reason to be concerned about their credit record. If you have an excellent credit record, I really don’t think that a few extra credit cards is going to really hurt your record much, but I will say that is based strictly upon what I know of my own credit record and the number of open credit accounts that I have. For me, plastic offers many conveniences at zero cost, as I always pay my balances in full or by the no-interest due date and I never use cards with annual fees, save for one. So, I find the $30 offer worth taking advantage of, with no real penalties. In other words, credit companies exist for my benefit rather than the other way around. 🙂

Regards,

Daryl

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections