Posted By
pinopili
Aug 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

I have one question about my new camera. I have seen there is a possibility to take a picture in raw format and work with this in Canon Suite Software, but when I try to import from my camera to photoshop I obtain a bad message. The camera work well with its suite, but it is not seen from photoshop.
Is here anybody who can help me ?

Thank

Pin

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
bagal
Aug 16, 2004
Hi Lod

Try
http://www.russellbrown.com/body.html

for the amazing, incredible Dr Brown’s plugin

It is amazing, it is incredible, it is the amazing and incredilbe Dr Brown’s plugin

(it may help 🙂

Arts

"Lod Kiu" wrote in message
Hi there,

I have one question about my new camera. I have seen there is a possibility to take a picture in raw format and work with this in Canon Suite Software, but when I try to import from my camera to photoshop I obtain a bad message. The camera work well with its suite, but it is not seen from photoshop.

Thank

Pin
B
bagal
Aug 16, 2004
then click on What’s New

Arty

"Arty Phacting" wrote in message
Hi Lod

Try
http://www.russellbrown.com/body.html

for the amazing, incredible Dr Brown’s plugin

It is amazing, it is incredible, it is the amazing and incredilbe Dr
Brown’s
plugin

(it may help 🙂

Arts

"Lod Kiu" wrote in message
Hi there,

Thank

Pin

JM
John McWilliams
Aug 16, 2004
Lod Kiu wrote:

Hi there,

Yes. Lots.

It would help to know the name of the presumably Canon digital camera, as well as what platform and name of OS you use, as well as more precise info as to wording in the "bad" message.

John McWilliams
T
tacitr
Aug 16, 2004
I have seen there is a
possibility to take a picture in raw format and work with this in Canon Suite Software, but when I try to import from my camera to photoshop I obtain a bad message.

What do you mean "a bad message?"

What version of Photoshop are you using?

In general, when you ask for help with a computer problem, you can’t expect to get help if you do not say:

1. What kind of computer you have;
2. What version of the program you have;
3. What error message, word-for-word, you are seeing.

Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
P
pinopili
Aug 16, 2004
(Tacit) wrote in message news:…

Yes, maybe you’re right, I have omitted some informations. My PC is W2k OS and I have Photoshop 7.0.
When I go to file-import I open the line "canon camera USB" and I get a new windows, I think twain driver windows, where the message tell: No se puede dectetar la camara. Compruebe la conexion de la camera e intentelo de nuevo.
(spanish twain driver ?) anyway, I have my canon G5 conected by USB and I can work fine with the canon suite, but it is not possibile with photoshop.

Hope you can understand what is my problem.

Thank

Pin

What do you mean "a bad message?"

What version of Photoshop are you using?

In general, when you ask for help with a computer problem, you can’t expect to get help if you do not say:

1. What kind of computer you have;
2. What version of the program you have;
3. What error message, word-for-word, you are seeing.
LO
Lee Oswald Ving
Aug 17, 2004
(Lod Kiu) wrote in news:d96e6814.0408161505.53e49389
@posting.google.com:

My PC is W2k OS and I have Photoshop 7.0.

<snip>

I have my canon G5 conected by USB
and I can work fine with the canon suite, but it is not possibile with photoshop.

That’s right. Photoshop 7 requires a plugin to work with any kind of camera RAW files.
JM
John McWilliams
Aug 17, 2004
Lee Oswald Ving wrote:

(Lod Kiu) wrote in news:d96e6814.0408161505.53e49389
@posting.google.com:

My PC is W2k OS and I have Photoshop 7.0.

<snip>

I have my canon G5 conected by USB
and I can work fine with the canon suite, but it is not possibile with photoshop.

That’s right. Photoshop 7 requires a plugin to work with any kind of camera RAW files.

The plugin for 7 costs $99.00. With CS, it’s included. It’s a right nice feature for me, and works smoothly on a now underpowered Mac (dual 500) G-4.

John McWilliams

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections